At The Sorting House, we believe it’s really important to recycle as much as possible. It’s good for for our development and it great for the environment. You can help us be efficient recyclers by doing your bit and placing the right items in the right bins.
- Cardboard – including egg boxes and pizza boxes
- Newspapers, magazines and catalogues
- Food and drink cartons – including juice boxes
- Travel tickets (for bus, tram, train)
- Greetings cards
- Flyers, leaflets and pamphlets
- Plastic bottles – including shampoo, bleach, mouthwash, drinks, washing up liquid and milk bottles
- Foil and foil trays
- Empty aerosols
- Tins and cans
- Glass bottles and jars
What can’t be recycled
Unfortunately, we’re restricted on what we can recycle by Manchester City Council’s recycling capabilities and some building restrictions too. Therefore, there’s a some items we’re unable to recycle, and we’d encourage you to dispose of those responsibly.
We currently can’t recycle food and plant waste.
For more information on recycling, see Manchester City Council‘s website.